Why Bulleen Pre-School?
We have caring, friendly, experienced and qualified staff who are sensitive to each individual child’s needs.
We are very proud to have been awarded “Exceeding National Quality Standard” in every assessable category by ACECQA – the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority in their National Quality Framework Ratings Chart. For more information, please refer to www.acecqa.gov.au.
We have a well equipped Pre-School with a wide range of materials and equipment. Our two beautiful shady play grounds provide excellent sun protection and a chance to stimulate the children’s senses in our vegetable, fruit and herb gardens.
We are both a “Sun Smart” and “Go for Your Life” centre encouraging the children to lead a healthy life style.
The Pre-School is conveniently located next to the Maternal and Child Health Centre, opposite Bulleen Library and Bulleen Plaza Shopping Centre. The latter two are incorporated into the children’s learning journeys in the form of story times and walks to explore the Plaza.
Bulleen Pre-School is managed by a voluntary committee of management, made up of interested parents and persons within the local community in conjunction with Best Chance Cluster Management.
Your involvement is welcomed.
What does Bulleen Pre School offer?
- Quality and Innovative learning journeys for 3, 4 and 5 year old children influenced by the Reggio Emilia experience.
- Weekly ‘Mini Maestro Music Program’ included in fees. (Possum Group)
- Literacy Program promoting early love of books and reading. (Possum Group)
- Dedicated enthusiastic staff caring for your child in a welcoming relaxed and safe environment.
- Fantastic “Sun Safe” outdoor environment including fairy and vegetable gardens.
- Excursions to a variety of educational places such as Botanical Gardens, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Traffic Schools. (Possum Group)
- Special visitors to enhance the learning journey including Wild Life Action, Puppet Shows and Music Groups.
- Parent participation and involvement is welcomed and encouraged.
Our Learning Journeys
Our innovative and exciting Learning Journeys, influenced by the Reggio Emilia experience, will encourage your child to discover themselves by exploring nature, materials and friendships.
They will be stimulated to encounter the world around them by asking questions and using their hands, minds and emotions. Creativity and Self expression are always encouraged.
This approach to education is committed to the creation of conditions for learning that will enhance and facilitate children’s construction of “their own power of thinking”.
Concepts, ideas and interest come from the children which are developed and studied through projects and collaborative work.